Check anvil roll assembly for:
- Level and perpendicular alignment with the shingle cutter.
- Roundness using a dial indicator.
- Worn journals. Check anvil roll journals against manufacturer’s recommended tolerance.
- Worn anvil rings. If the rings are excessively worn or have variances in the O.D., replace or regrind.
- Bearing play. If core, journals, and rings are within tolerance, use a prybar and dial indicator to check anvil roll for play in any direction.
- Fit. Check for bearing fit into bearing housing and bearing housing to shingle cutter frame for bearing wear and housing wear.
Please Contact Us to learn more about our Anvil Roll Assemblies.